By Chris Grundy
Modern standalone or networked buildings forming estates often have a ‘building data network’ running numerous interconnected systems, such as:
- CCTV, Access Control, Intruder alarm, Intercom
- Energy Monitoring
- Lighting control
- Building Management System / HVAC
A holistic approach to security is required to ensure tenants and building managers realise the benefits, without exposing themselves to excessive risk.
Five key questions to ask:
- (In an often fragmented design and contracting supply chain), who has overall design, installation and management responsibility for security?
- Please show me the data information flows
- Please show me the administrative, technical and physical risk assessment, and controls
- What policy and training needs to be put in place for the system?
- Who is going to monitor, manage and update the system, and how?
Find out more about Cundall’s IT and audio visual consultancy services go to –http://www.cundall.com/Services/IT-and-audio-visual.aspx