By Guy Bartlett
Today was National Ride to Work Day the largest celebration of commuter riding in Australia. Held annually in October, the day celebrates the benefits of riding to work and brings together the communities that support it.
At Cundall, we have a number of regular cycle commuters, with each Australian office including shower facilities and cycle racks. However to encourage others to get on their bike, I shared the following tips:
- Bike – if you haven’t ridden it in a while, take this opportunity to check that your bike is mechanically sound and you can still ride it.
- Check the shower facilities in your office – you’ll need a towel and a change of clothes.
- Plan your route – use the ‘bicycle’ option on google maps to avoid busy roads.
- Check the weather – do you need a rain protection for you or your gear?
- Pack the night before – get everything sorted so you can simply wake up and go.